August 11, 2018 – WABA Jewels 104 – Blaze 73
It was a heated day for the Cleveland Blaze after they endured the speed, agility, and fierceness of the Maryland Jewels at their Home Game season opener in PG County.
Jewels (1-0) had a breakout Home opener at GBCS Gymnasium with a solid 30+ point win against the Blaze (0-3) on Saturday afternoon. Jewels pulled away early in the 2nd quarter with a 47-25 lead and about 5 minutes left in the half. Co-Captains Allese Morrison and Saadia Doyle did an outstanding job setting the tone as the Jewels secured a win for the day. Impact player, Tejahne Malone had a silent 20 points as the 3rd highest in scoring for the game. Danielle Pray and Danielle Forrest had some nice looks at the basket while Pray delivered 7 assists and Forrest hit a few shots to contribute to the win.
Overall, the Jewels have a strong starting five! Their bench is also loaded and proved their relevance this weekend as Taylor White, Courtney Young, Natalie Harrison, and Daria Simmons maintained the tempo of the game whenever they hit the floor. The next game is not going to be so easy as Jewels take on their DMV rivalry, DC Cyclones, in DC’s Home Gym at the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Washington in Southeast, District of Columbia.
PLAYER HIGHLIGHTS 🔥🏀
- Saadia Doyle – C, Led her team in scoring with a humble 29 Points against the Blaze! She makes her debut game as a Fan Favorite: Player of the Week for Game #1
- Allese Morrison – PG, Clutches her first Double Double of the Season with 22 Points and 10 Assists against the Blaze!
- Elijah B., Founder of Benny G. Photography
- Brittanie Morris, Owner of BMO-FIT, LLC
- Hoops & High Heels Incorporated